erms of Reference
(Computer Engineer (2
I WATCH is a Tunisian watchdog organization created after the Tunisian revolution, which works mainly on two axes: transparency and corruption. I WATCH is the official Chapter of Transparency International in Tunisia since September 2019. I WATCH is made up of like-minded young professionals and motivated volunteers who, through their innovative work, are determined to tackle the issue of corruption and lack of integrity in both public and private sectors through laying the foundations of good governance.
: The project
The project aims to upstream access to information and accountability into the institutional behavior of public authorities and civil society. Public officials will have the opportunity to understand better the Access to Information (ATI) regulations and respond positively to ATI requests; civil society will use more ATI requests in holding local government accountable through using scientific data. The program has two main objectives: 1. Build the capacity of all 350 municipalities in Tunisia on access to information and provide them with an information management system to foster transparency and accountability. 2. Support local civil society and lawyers in 24 governorates with technical and financial assistance to enforce ATI law and encourage accountability.
The Computer Engineer will be based on Tunis office, and will be responsible for collaborating with municipalities, including developing a variety of software, operating systems and applications.
:Tasks & Responsibilities
- Work closely with the I WATCH partners to respond to their needs
- Develop websites, as required
- Offer technical support, as required
- Design and Develop tools to support the project implementation
- Work alongside with other engineers and provide recommendations, as required
- Collaborate cross-functionally with M&E department, technical team and project team to provide convenient solutions
- Update and expanding existing tools
Qualifications & Requirements:
- University degree in computer science or related field
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in a similar position
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Up-to-date knowledge of new systems, information, software, and upgrades
- Excellent inter-personal skills, and the ability to maintain strong relationships
- Ability to travel across the country
:Interested candidates should submit the following information
Cover letter describing your motivation and qualifications for the assignment
Please indicate “[Computer Engineer]” in the subject line of your email application. Applications should be sent in English by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: January 20th , 2020
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.