Islamic Relief Tunisia�
•Job Title :
Media Assistant (photographer)
•Job Grade : Volunteer
•Department Communication Unit.
•Location : Jendouba-Tunisia�
•Post Category : Full time�
•Contract duration : One year (renewable)
Islamic Relief has been operating in Tunisia since 2011 primarily as a response to the influx of refugees during the Libya Crisis. Since registering the Tunisia office in 2012, Islamic Relief Tunisia has provided humanitarian services to over 15,000 people. IRT is mainly focusing on implementing projects in education, health, WASH, livelihood, food security and child welfare as well as supporting capacity building of local humanitarian / aid associations.
PURPOSE OF DEPARTMENT:
The Communications unit is responsible for the marketing, brand and acting as the global voice for Islamic Relief Tunisia (IRT). It is designed to support the Islamic Relief Family – as well as its global partner offices and Islamic Relief Worldwide, the global IR secretariat in – by collecting, coordinating and delivers compelling content and relevant written messaging around the globe. The division leverages digital platforms, public relations and the media, all in line with IRW’s vision, mission and strategy to boost our reputation and awareness of our work in Tunisia and globally.
The main role of the photographer is providing extensive creative support to the Communications Unit, the holder of this position will Provide maximum quality images for subsequent stages of project
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
• Direct and carry out project photo and video sessions
• Classify and update the Photos data
• Ensure proper use and maintenance of media equipment
• Review workload and prioritize files
• Taken photographs should consider the organisation’s standards.
• Basic designs if requested
• Ensure that lighting techniques and image exposure are adequate for each type of scenery
• Ensure image files are named properly
• Ensure that all equipment are ready and functional in order to maintain maximum efficiency during missions
• Help improve production efficiency and workflow
• Provide high quality images and videos during different stages of project implementation.
• Ensure that images are delivered to the various departments within the established deadlines
• Demonstrate professionalism when interacting with colleagues
• Perform other various tasks delegated or assigned by the supervisor.
SCOPE AND AUTHORITY
Scope of the Role:
The main role of the Media Assistant (photograph) is providing extensive creative support to the Communications Unit, the holder of this position will Provide maximum quality images for subsequent stages of project
The job holder is accountable for fulfilling his/her roles and responsibilities in line with Islamic Relief values and key organisational principles of fairness, humanity, honesty, respect and fair treatment of his/her colleagues and staff.
The employee holding this job must expect that his / her performance will be measured in part against the standard set forth in his/her JD. However, the JD is subject to revision to further the consistent with positions level of responsibilities may be necessary to fulfil IR objective in the country.
Jendouba is the employee duty station.
The employee may be required to perform assignments after his/her working hours and on holidays beside field trips to field offices. The Media Assistant (photograph) is expected to spend a minimum of 50% of his/her time in the field.
It is essential that the post holder shows a good understanding of Islamic Relief’s values and principles as well as commitment to Islamic Relief World wide’s vision and mission.
• The candidate must be registered with the employment office
• The candidate must have a university degree
• The candidate must be entitled to a contract of internship for the voluntary civil service program
Languages: Fluency in Arabic and working knowledge in French and English is an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
• Have a certificate in photos and video shooting
• Experience in Lightroom and Photoshop software
• Ability to work on video and photo editing
• Can design and prepare good success and Human-Interest stories.
• Experience in InDesign and Illustrator software (desirable)
• Understands the different stakeholders that IR communicates with
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Good team-working skills with an ability to work in a collaborative manner with all departments
• Good organizational, interpersonal and communications skills.
• Committed to gender equality
• Able to work independently with sound judgment, good time management and prioritizing skills
• Flexible, reliable, culturally sensitive and with the ability to take initiative
• Good computer skills and able to learn/understand new systems/applications
• Flexible & Patient
• Able to work on his/her own initiative as well as a part of a team.
• Problem-solving skills
• Analytical skills
• Culturally sensitive
• Energetic and able to operate in different situations.
• Previous NGO experience.
• Demonstrates the flexibility and energy that is required for a high level of self-management and awareness
• Familiarity with the Millennium Development Goals, Sphere Standards, Do no harm principles, Red-Cross/Red-crescent Code of Conduct, Child protection.
APPLICATION PROCESS:��Interested? Apply for this position by sending an updated CV in French / English to
(no later than 26 th May , 2020).